7.12.2008

A quick up-date from my permanent site

This weekend I am visiting the site I'll be permanently located in for the next two years. The village has a population of about 5,000 people and has an extrememly beautiful alpine setting . It is remenicent of Helen, Georgia back home.

My new host family is fairly well off and is extremely well off by Armenian standards. They own their own dairy factory which seems like a perfect fit for me. Their cheese is very delicious, but not necessarily in the quantities they want me to eat it, by the kilo. I will soon add more post once I am permanently living here which will occur sometime in the middle of August.

I miss everyone back home and I hope everything is running smoothly.

Peace.Shalom.Salaam.

Mark Jensen

Remember this blog is a reflection of my own personal thoughts and reflections and in no way represents the views of the Peace Corps or the United States' government.

2 comments:

Libby said...

I know that you will be glad to finally get settled into your new "home". Let us know if there is anything you need. Keep the updates coming...we are so excited about what you are doing and want to hear all about it.

Love, The Ballews

Unknown said...

Love you man don't do anything crazy. Oh wait, its probably too late!
Jeremy